NEW ROCHELLE, NY -- If last week was any indication, whenever New Rochelle scores a goal this season, you can bank on Ruby Hastie having a hand (or rather, a foot) in it.
The senior center midfielder did it all for the Huguenots, registering five goals and four assists in three shutout wins. Hastie manufactured all nine of New Rochelle's goals for the week.
Hastie is the first lohud girls soccer player of the week this year, and is being recognized for her accomplishments on the field from Sept. 4-10.
- Fiona Cummings, Clarkstown South: The senior netted not one, but two overtime game-winners this week against North Rockland and Horace Greeley. Cummings had the lone goal against the Red Raiders and finished with two goals in the 3-2 win against the Quakers.
- Morgan Kirby, Mahopac: The senior was no stranger to the back of the net last week, pouring in five goals in a 9-1 rout of Ossining in the Indians' only game of the week.
- Dani LaRochelle, Albertus Magnus: The senior forward had five goals and two assists in the Lady Falcons' three games this week. LaRochelle highlighted her week with a hat trick and an assist against Yonkers.
- Allison Portera, Valhalla: The sophomore sensation poured in eight goals for the Vikings last week, including a pair of hat tricks. Portera was responsible for all but four of the team's goals for the week.
- Katie Moses, Pleasantville: The freshman forward scored five goals in three Panthers wins last week. Moses scored a pair of goals against Westlake and Edgemont, then scored the lone goal against Briarcliff in the Mount Pleasant Cup championship, where she was later all-tournament team.
This year's winners
Sept. 11: Ruby Hastie, New Rochelle (Read)
How to nominate a player for #POTW
Please send an email to girls soccer beat writer Mike Zacchio at [email protected] by the end of the day Sunday with your nominee's name, school, grade, position, stats for the week (all games from Monday through Sunday), and opponents for each match. Please include any tournament performance information, if applicable.
A new player of the week and Honor Roll will be announced every Monday afternoon, usually at noon, unless otherwise noted. These honors will end following the conclusion of the regular season.