WHITE PLAINS, NY -- On the heels of announcing the new members of his County leadership team earlier this week, Westchester County Executive-elect George Latimer today indicated some members of the existing County government that he has asked to continue to serve in his upcoming administration.
Latimer named seven current individuals to continue in their leadership posts into the new Administration:
* Mae Carpenter - Commissioner - Senior Programs and Services Department
* Rocco Pozzi - Commissioner - Probation Department
* Michael Orth - Commissioner - Community Mental Health Department
* Kathleen O'Connor - Commissioner - Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department
* Dr. Kunjlata Ashar - Pathologist/Medical Examiner & Commissioner - Labs & Research Department
* Robi Schlaff - Executive Director - Office for Women
* Ronald Tocci - Director - Veterans Service Agency
"These individuals have proven their value to the people of Westchester in their current posts, and they have earned the opportunity to continue to serve our county", Latimer noted. "We will be making changes in various parts of county government, and we will be maintaining personnel in other parts. We are seeking to engage the best individuals available to help us address the needs of our neighbors and friends in this county".
With these reappointments, the new County Executive has shown his strategy of bi-partisanship; some observers expected a wholesale dismissal of incumbent officials, many of whom supported his opponent in the recent election. "I want us to work together and succeed. You can't get ahead, if you're busy trying to 'get even'". Additional announcements of new hires and incumbent reappointments are expected over the next few weeks.
Latimer served as Chairman of the County Board of Legislators 20 years ago, and was noted for his bi-partisan, collegial style of governing during that four year assignment, as well as during his tenure as a State Assemblyman and State Senator.